Major cuts in Gov. Jan Brewer's proposed budget for next year are from state general fund allocation and do not include user fees and other revenue an agency may receive. In some cases, increased fees or privatization may be proposed to offset state funding losses.
• Three state universities: A nearly 20 percent cut in funding, totaling $171 million.
• Indigent health care: Eliminate free care for about 280,000 people now enrolled in the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System, mostly to offset the loss of federal stimulus money.
• Community colleges: A $64 million, or 47 percent, cut in state assistance.
• Parks: All general fund assistance - $20 million - eliminated.
• Department of Commerce: An 81.5 percent cut.
• State Land Department: A 62.1 percent cut.