PHOENIX - New Cardinals coach Bruce Arians named his top assistants Monday, hiring Todd Bowles as defensive coordinator, Harold Goodwin as offensive coordinator and Tom Moore as assistant head coach/offense.
Moore's addition is intriguing. He has 34 years' experience as an NFL assistant, 12 years as Peyton Manning's offensive coordinator with the Indianapolis Colts.
Bowles comes from Philadelphia, where he was promoted to defensive coordinator in October. Goodwin was offensive line coach in Indianapolis and Pittsburgh.
• QBs Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning will be teammates at Sunday's Pro Bowl. Luck replaces New England's Tom Brady, who pulled out with an undisclosed injury.
Rangers, Murphy reach 1-year, $5.8M deal
Outfielder David Murphy and the Texas Rangers agreed Monday to a one-year contract worth nearly $5.8 million. He hit .304 with 15 homers and 61 RBIs last year.
• A public visitation for Stan Musial, 92, will be Thursday at the Cathedral Basilica in St. Louis. After Saturday's private Mass, a funeral procession will travel to Busch Stadium, where the family will lay a wreath at Musial's statue.
• Left-hander Pedro Feliciano will return to the New York Mets, who also settled a salary arbitration case with first baseman Ike Davis (one-year deal, $3.125 million).
UA golfer Oja makes Swedish national team
Arizona Wildcats golfer Erik Oja has been named to the seven-player 2013 Swedish national team and will represent Sweden internationally this summer in the British Amateur and other events.
• In soccer, Landon Donovan, 30, plans to return for his ninth season with the Los Angeles Galaxy. ... Ethiopia, returning to the African Cup of Nations after a 31-year absence, tied defending champion Zambia 1-1.
• Former LSU football star Tyrann Mathieu, the "Honey Badger," is at the Senior Bowl in Alabama, trying to convince NFL teams that he has changed his ways.
• Penn State removed the "acting" designation from the title of Athletic Director Dave Joyner. ... State College, Pa., residents will hold a vigil today to mark the one-year anniversary of football coach Joe Paterno's death.
• NASCAR's Tony Stewart said he may reconsider Roger Penske's offer and race in the Indianapolis 500.
• Istanbul signed up seven leading Turkish companies to sponsor the city's bid for the 2020 Summer Olympics, a $20 million deal that organizers said gives it economic muscle over rival candidates Madrid and Tokyo.