Texas A&M Aggies
• Record: (39-15, 10-13 SEC)
• From: College Station, Texas
• Seed in region: First, and No. 16 overall
• Who to watch: Cali Lanphear leads the team with 18 homers, 53 RBIs, a .363 batting average and a .852 slugging percentage.
• Why they're dangerous: They're at home.
• Fun fight song line: "Goodbye to Texas University …"
• They said it: "We're talking about having the opportunity to play here at home, and we know it's not easy. It's why we work so hard. It's why we put in the lineup that we put in every day. It's why we do what we do - to have this opportunity right now to host and have that advantage to move through." - A&M coach Jo Evans, on hosting their third-straight regional
• Record: (39-15, 10-8 Big 12)
• From: Waco, Texas
• Seed in region: Second
• Who to watch: Kaitlyn Thumann and Kathy Shelton have combined to steal 66 bases on 74 attempts.
• Why they're dangerous: They're close to home. Waco is only 90 miles from College Station, with 60 of it coming southeast on Texas State Highway 6.
• Fun fight song line: "Bear down, you bears of Old Baylor U!"
• They said it: "We know what to expect from A&M fans: They're good, they're loud, just short of saying obnoxious, every now and then. No, it's a great home field environment for the Aggies, I know, but I think we're going to have the closest to a home-field environment on the road that we could possibly have in the NCAAs." - BU coach Glenn Moore
• Record: (32-24, 9-15 Pac-12)
• From: Tucson
• Seed in region: Third
• Who to watch: Chelsea Goodacre leads the UA with 17 homers, 58 RBIs and a .674 slugging percentage.
• Why they're dangerous: Experience. Since the NCAA tournament was expanded in 2005, the UA has yet to lose a regional game. The Wildcats are 78-6 in the round all-time.
• Fun fight song line: "Hit 'em hard, let 'em know who's who."
• They said it: "This is the place everyone wants to be after going through 56 games and getting the chance to move on in the postseason." - UA coach Mike Candrea
• Record: (30-18, 16-4 Ivy League)
• From: Philadelphia
• Seed in region: Fourth
• Who to watch: Pitcher Alexis Borden is 17-10 with a 2.38 ERA in 30 appearances, 28 starts, this year.
• Why they're dangerous: They know elimination. Penn beat Dartmouth, two games to one, in the Ivy League Championship Series that decided the NCAA tournament berth.
Fun fight song line: "Hang Jeff Davis on a sour apple tree." (From "The Battle Cry of Penn")
• They said it: "It's the first-ever trip to the NCAA regionals for Penn softball, so it's a historic journey for us. We're very excited about the challenge." - Penn coach Leslie King
- Patrick Finley