PHOENIX - Goran Dragic scored 13 of his 18 points and delivered a key hustle play in the fourth quarter to help the Phoenix Suns beat the Houston Rockets 107-105 on Saturday night.
The Suns overcame 38 points from Rockets star James Harden. Phoenix, far out of playoff contention, has three straight wins over the postseason-hopeful Rockets and is 10-3 in the last 13 meetings.
Jared Dudley led the Suns with 22 points. The Rockets got 21 points off the bench from Carlos Delfino.
The turning point for the Suns came with 5:57 left in the fourth quarter when Dragic dived for a loose ball and got it to teammate Kendall Marshall, who banked in a long jumper as the shot clock buzzer sounded for a 93-86 lead.
Harden brought the Rockets back with a three-pointer with 5:25 to play, followed by a basket and free throw to make it 93-92. But Dragic made back-to-back layups for 97-92 lead.
The teams exchanged leads late in the third quarter after Harden's three-pointer from the top of the key with 5:29 left gave the Rockets a 62-61 advantage. Marcus Morris dunked for a 72-69 lead at the 1:54 mark, but Harden hit another three with 56 seconds left for a 74-72 Houston lead.
Michael Beasley's three-pointer with 2 seconds left in the third gave the Suns the lead going into the fourth quarter, 77-76.
Harden scored 25 points in the second half.
• Knicks 113, Jazz 84: In New York, J.R. Smith scored 24 points and the Knicks shook off the absence of Carmelo Anthony and the shock of Amare Stoudemire needing more knee surgery to rout slumping Utah.
The Knicks learned earlier Saturday that Stoudemire will have right knee surgery that will sideline him approximately six weeks.
• Nets 93, Hawks 80: In Atlanta, Brook Lopez and Andray Blatche each scored 18 points, Deron Williams added 17 and Brooklyn won its third straight game.
• Wizards 104, Bobcats 87: In Washington, Trevor Ariza scored a season-high 26 points as the Wizards won.
• Grizzlies 96, Hornets 85: In Memphis, Tenn., Mike Conley scored 22 points, seven Grizzlies scored in double figures and Memphis won its fourth straight.
• Nuggets 111, Timberwolves 88: In Denver, Ty Lawson matched his season high with 32 points, including 14 in the fourth quarter, and the Nuggets beat injury-depleted Minnesota.
• Bucks vs. Warriors: In Oakland, Calif., late.