INDIANAPOLIS - Walk-on Alex Barlow drove in for a spinning 6-foot jumper with 2.4 seconds left in overtime and Butler toppled Indiana 88-86 Saturday in the Crossroads Classic for their first victory over a top-ranked team in school history.
Barlow, a sophomore, had scored only 12 points this season and 18 in his college career.
But the Bulldogs (8-2) put the ball in his hands with 19.3 seconds to go. As the clock ran down, Barlow slowly moved toward the lane, then took a couple of dribbles, stopped and put up a shot that hit the back of the rim and dropped in.
• No. 3 Michigan 81, West Virginia 66: In New York, Tim Burke scored a season-best 27 points, Tim Hardaway Jr. matched his season high with 25 and Michigan remained unbeaten.
• No. 4 Syracuse 85, Canisius 61: In Syracuse, N.Y., James Southerland broke out of a slump with 21 points and Brandon Triche had 19 to lead Syracuse.
• No. 6 Louisville, 87, Memphis 78: In Memphis, Tenn., Chane Behanan scored 22 points and Louisville rallied from 16 points down in the first half. to beat Memphis.
• No. 7 Ohio St. 90, UNC Asheville 72: In Columbus, Ohio, Sam Thompson scored a career-high 18 points and Ohio State made the most of an opportunity to get out and run.
• No. 9 Kansas 89, Belmont 60: In Lawrence, Kan., Ben McLemore and Travis Releford scored 17 points each, Jeff Withey had 14 points and blocked five shots, and Kansas cruised.
• No. 11 Cincinnati 72, Marshall 56: In Charleston, W.Va., Cashmere Wright scored 14 points and Cincinnati overcame an off game from top scorer Sean Kilpatrick.
• No. 14 Gonzaga 68, Kansas State 52: In Seattle, Kelly Olynyk dominated inside with 20 points and Gonzaga rebounded from its first loss of the season with an impressive win.
• No. 15 Georgetown 81, Western Carolina 68: In Washington, Greg Whittington scored a career-high 25 points to lead Georgetown.
• No. 17 New Mexico 73, New Mexico State 58: In Albuquerque, N.M., Alex Kirk scored seven of his 15 points in an early New Mexico run to help the Lobos beat downstate rival New Mexico State.
• No. 18 San Diego St. 72, San Diego 56: In San Diego, Chase Tapley scored 15 points, including consecutive three-pointers during a decisive 12-0 run, and Jamaal Franklin had 14 to lead the Aztecs.
• No. 21 North Carolina 93, East Carolina 87: In Chapel Hill, James Michael McAdoo scored 19 points to help North Carolina hold off East Carolina.
• No. 22 Notre Dame 81, Purdue 68: In Indianapolis, Jack Cooley had 18 points and nine rebounds to lead Notre Dame to its seventh straight victory.
• No. 25 North Carolina State 84, Norfolk State 62: In Raleigh, N.C., freshman forward T.J. Warren scored 21 points to lead North Carolina State.
• Arizona St. 61, Dartmouth 42: In Tempe, Jahii Carson scored 18 points and Arizona State used a late second-half run to put away Dartmouth.
• Oregon 60, Nebraska 38: In Eugene, Ore., Oregon center Tony Woods scored 14 points and the Ducks overcame a sluggish performance on offense to win.
• Washington 75, Jackson State 67: In Seattle, C.J. Wilcox had 21 points and Scott Suggs added 17 in leading the Huskies to victory over winless Jackson State.
• UCLA 95, Prairie View A&M 53: In Los Angeles, Shabazz Muhammad scored a career-high 25 points and UCLA rolled.