CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. - Joe Harris scored a career-high 36 points and Virginia celebrated the 11-year anniversary of its last victory over a top 5 team by doing it again, beating No. 3 Duke 73-68 on Thursday night.
Akil Mitchell added 19 points and 12 rebounds as he and Harris outplayed Duke's top twosome of Seth Curry and Mason Plumlee, giving Virginia (20-8, 10-5) its 16th consecutive victory at home.
• No. 2 Gonzaga vs. BYU: In Provo, Utah, late.
• No. 16 Ohio St. 63, Northwestern 53: In Evanston, Ill., Lenzelle Smith scored a season-high 24 points, Deshaun Thomas added 19 and Ohio State (21-7, 11-5) used a late run to win.
• No. 25 Louisiana Tech 84, Utah St. 61: In Ruston, La., Brandon Gibson scored 20 points, Raheem Appleby added 15 and Louisiana Tech (25-3, 15-0) cruised in its first game as a nationally ranked team since 1985.
• California 64, Utah 46: In Berkeley, Calif., Allen Crabbe had 15 points and 11 rebounds, Justin Cobbs added 12 points and seven assists, and Cal (19-9, 11-5) overcame a sluggish start to win.
• Oregon State vs. No. 24 Oregon: In Eugene, Ore., late.
• UCLA 79, Arizona St. 74, OT: In Los Angeles on Wednesday, Jordan Adams scored 22 points, Kyle Anderson had a career-high 21 points and 15 rebounds, and UCLA (21-7, 11-4) won.
Jahii Carson scored 22 points, Gilling tied his career high with six three-pointers and finished with 18 points for ASU (20-9, 9-7).