• Nationals 8, Brewers 5: In Washington, Wilson Ramos hit a go-ahead, three-run homer in the seventh inning in his return to the Nationals. Back after missing 44 games with a strained left hamstring, Ramos had three hits and a career-high five RBIs as the Nationals earned a split of the four-game series and moved back above .500 in their seesaw season.
• Rockies 9, Dodgers 5: In Denver, Michael Cuddyer hit a solo homer and drove in three runs to help Colorado beat Los Angeles. Cuddyer, who recently had his team-record, 27-game hitting streak snapped, also added a two-run double as the Rockies avoided being swept in the three-game series.
• Marlins 4, Braves 3: In Atlanta, Donovan Solano delivered a pinch-hit, go-ahead single off Braves closer Craig Kimbrel in the ninth inning. The Marlins won two of three in the series and have won eight of their last 10 overall.
• Giants at Reds, ppd., rain: In Cincinnati, after a wait of nearly 2 1/2 hours, the game was postponed because of rain. No makeup date was announced.
• Tigers 11, Blue Jays 1: In Toronto, Justin Verlander pitched seven shutout innings, Austin Jackson hit a two-run homer and Detroit routed the slumping Blue Jays. Jackson went 4 for 5 with a walk and scored four times as the Tigers pounded out 16 hits. Verlander (9-5) allowed three hits, all singles, while winning for the first time since June 7 at Cleveland. It was his first start in Toronto since he pitched his second career no-hitter on May 7, 2011.
• White Sox 3, Orioles 2: In Chicago, Adam Dunn hit a game-ending solo homer off Tommy Hunter in the ninth inning, lifting the White Sox to the win. Dayan Viciedo flied out to left before Dunn drove a full-count pitch from Hunter (3-2) over the wall in left for his 23rd homer. It was the third hit of the game for Dunn, who also had two RBIs.
• Royals 10, Indians 7: In Kansas City, Mo., Lorenzo Cain hit his first career grand slam, Salvador Perez provided a bases-loaded double in the eighth inning and the Royals rallied to get the win. Kansas City trailed 5-0 before Cain's slam and a solo shot by George Kottaras tied it in the sixth. The Indians regained the lead on Carlos Santana's two-run double in the seventh, but the Royals answered in the bottom half on a two-run homer by Eric Hosmer.
• Rays 7, Astros 5: In Houston, Yunel Escobar drove in three runs, including a tiebreaking double in the 11th inning that sent Tampa Bay to the victory. Escobar and Desmond Jennings each doubled twice and singled, helping the Rays win for the fifth time in six games.
• Yankees 9, Twins 5: In Minneapolis, Vernon Wells drove in three runs, and the Yankees pounded rookie Kyle Gibson while finishing a four-game sweep.
• Rangers 5, Mariners 4: In Arlington, Texas, Adrian Beltre homered twice and the Rangers used a four-run seventh inning to beat Seattle.
• Red Sox 8, Padres 2: In Boston, Dustin Pedroia hit a two-run double, David Ortiz had a two-run single and the Red Sox handed the Padres their season-high sixth straight loss.
• Athletics 1, Cubs 0: In Oakland, Calif., Derek Norris scored on a passed ball with two outs in the seventh inning and that was enough for Oakland to get the victory.
• Angels 6, Cardinals 5: In Anaheim, Calif., Josh Hamilton hit a tying two-run homer in Los Angeles' three-run ninth inning, and the Angels rallied for the victory.