• Padres 3, Braves 2: In San Diego, Andrew Cashner outdueled Tim Hudson and Chase Headley homered for San Diego. Cashner (5-3) pitched a career-high eight innings.
• Pirates 8, Giants 2: In Pittsburgh, Gerrit Cole took a shutout into the seventh inning of his major league debut and hit a two-run single in his first at-bat to lead Pittsburgh. Cole, the top pick in the 2011 draft, allowed two runs and seven hits in 6 1/3 innings.
• Cardinals 9, Mets 2: In New York, Michael Wacha recovered from a wild start to earn his first major league win and Allen Craig hit a three-run homer for St. Louis. Matt Holliday had three hits as the NL Central leaders took full advantage of a crucial error by new Mets first baseman Daniel Murphy.
• Marlins 5, Brewers 4: In Miami, Giancarlo Stanton hit his first homer since coming off the disabled list, a two-run drive with two outs in the eighth, for Miami.
• Reds 12, Cubs 2: In Chicago, Xavier Paul hit a three-run homer and Joey Votto added a two-run shot as Cincinnati roughed up Matt Garza and the Cubs. Tony Cingrani (3-0), filling in for Johnny Cueto, pitched seven strong innings.
• Rockies 8, Nationals 3: In Denver, Jhoulys Chacin won for the first time since April and Tyler Colvin homered twice and drove in four runs for Colorado. Carlos Gonzalez hit a tiebreaking three-run homer in Colorado's five-run fifth inning.
• Mariners 4, Astros 0: In Seattle, Aaron Harang pitched a two-hitter for his second shutout of the season, leading Seattle. Harang (3-6) struck out a season-high 10, the 12th time in his career he had 10 Ks with no walks. It was his 15th career complete game and eighth shutout.
• Rays 8, Red Sox 3: In St. Petersburg, Fla., Matt Joyce hit one of three homers off Jon Lester to help Tampa Bay beat AL East-leading Boston. Joyce, one day after being hit by a pitch that sparked a bench-clearing scrum, put the Rays up 7-3 on a two-run shot in the fifth that ended Lester's night.
• Orioles 3, Angels 2: In Baltimore, Miguel Gonzalez allowed one run over eight innings and Nick Markakis hit a tiebreaking, two-run single in the seventh for the Orioles. The Angels lost their fourth in a row despite a home run by Mike Trout that traveled an estimated 448 feet.
• Indians 5, Rangers 2: In Arlington, Texas, Corey Kluber allowed one run over eight innings as Cleveland snapped an eight-game losing streak. Mark Reynolds had an RBI single in the fourth that put Cleveland ahead to stay.
• Tigers 3, Royals 2: In Kansas City, Max Scherzer won his ninth straight decision as Detroit snapped the Royals' six-game winning streak. Scherzer became the first Tigers starter to begin the season 9-0 since Vern Kennedy in 1938.
• Blue Jays 7, White Sox 5: In Chicago, Jose Bautista hit a game-tying home run in the ninth and Rajai Davis scored on a wild pitch in the 10th inning to lead Toronto. Chien-Ming Wang made his first start of the season after signing with the injury-riddled Blue Jays.
• A's 6, Yankees 4: In Oakland, Derek Norris homered and drove in four runs and Bartolo Colon pitched six scoreless innings to lead the Athletics. C.C. Sabathia allowed six runs and eight hits in six innings.
• Twins 3, Phillies 2: In Minneapolis, Justin Morneau hit a go-ahead single in the eighth to cap a three-hit night and carry Minnesota.