• Braves 8, Dodgers 1: In Los Angeles, Dan Uggla had two homers and four RBIs and Mike Minor kept the Atlanta rotation rolling with six solid innings as the Braves earned a split in the four-game series. Atlanta's rotation has yielded four runs in 37 1/3 innings spanning the team's last six games.
• Rockies 8, Padres 7: In Denver, Dexter Fowler's single with two outs in the 10th inning scored DJ LeMahieu from third base as Colorado rallied from a three-run deficit in the ninth. Fowler finished with four hits and Troy Tulowitzki had two, including his 16th home run. Rockies starter Juan Nicasio retired his first 16 batters.
• Marlins 8, Mets 4: In New York, Miami needed extras to beat New York again, but only 10 innings instead of 20. Derek Dietrich hit a tying home run in the eighth and second baseman Daniel Murphy's 10th-inning error allowed Logan Morrison to score the go-ahead run for Miami.
• Cardinals 11, Reds 4: In Cincinnati, Matt Holliday's grand slam capped a seven-run 10th inning for St. Louis. The Cardinals led 7-4 when Holliday hit his homer - a 464-foot shot into the left-field seats off rookie Curtis Partch.
• Cubs 4, Pirates 1: In Chicago, Cody Ransom hit a tiebreaking, three-run homer in the seventh inning and Edwin Jackson pitched the Cubs to victory.
• Brewers 9, Phillies 1: In Milwaukee, Carlos Gomez hit a two-run homer on his bobblehead day and Kyle Lohse pitched eight strong innings to lead the Brewers.
• Red Sox 10, Angels 5: In Boston, David Ortiz hit a three-run homer and Jarrod Saltalamacchia connected twice to power Boston to its sixth win in eight games. Saltalamacchia and Mike Carp went deep on consecutive pitches from Joe Blanton (1-10) in the sixth inning, moments after Ryan Dempster (4-6) got his 2,000th career strikeout. The Red Sox took two of three in the series and have won six of eight.
• Yankees 2, Mariners 1: In Seattle, Chris Stewart hit a tiebreaking single in the ninth inning and David Phelps matched Felix Hernandez for six innings as New York took three of four in the series.
• Tigers 4, Indians 1: In Detroit, Jose Alvarez pitched six impressive innings in his major-league debut and Don Kelly hit a tiebreaking, three-run homer in the sixth to help Detroit complete a three-game sweep.
• Orioles 10, Rays 7: In St. Petersburg, Fla., J.J. Hardy, Adam Jones, Alexi Casilla and Nick Markakis had two RBIs apiece as Baltimore battered eight-game winner Matt Moore.
• Rangers 6, Blue Jays 4: In Toronto, Adrian Beltre hit a tiebreaking home run in the seventh inning as Texas rallied from a four-run deficit and avoided a four-game losing streak.
• White Sox 4, Athletics 2: In Chicago, Alex Rios and Tyler Flowers homered and Hector Santiago pitched into the seventh inning as Chicago earned a split in the four-game series.
• Royals 2, Astros 0: In Kansas City, Mo., Alex Gordon and Eric Hosmer each had a run-scoring single in the eighth and Luis Mendoza pitched seven innings of four-hit ball as the Royals won their fifth straight.
• Nationals 7, Twins 0, first game: In Washington, D.C., Jordan Zimmermann pitched seven scoreless innings to get his ninth win, tying him for most in the majors.
• Nationals 5, Twins 4, second game: Ian Desmond doubled home the go-ahead run in the seventh inning as Washington completed a sweep of a day-night doubleheader.