• Pirates 4, Braves 2: In Pittsburgh, slumping Clint Barmes had a pair of run-scoring singles for his first two RBIs of the season, including a tiebreaking hit in the sixth inning that led the Pirates to their third straight win over the Braves.
• Brewers 4, Cubs 2: In Milwaukee, Ryan Braun hit a three-run homer in the fifth then was ejected three innings later, and the Brewers won their seventh straight. The Brewers are 18-2 over the past 20 meetings with the Cubs at Miller Park.
• Mets 2, Nationals 0: In New York, John Buck hit his seventh home run of the season, Dillon Gee earned his first win and the Mets beat the Nationals to take two of three games from the NL East champions. Coming off a pair of poor starts, Gee (1-3) pitched three-hit ball for 5 2/3 innings and New York finally got a strong effort from its struggling bullpen.
• Reds 10, Marlins 6: In Cincinnati, Brandon Phillips drove in the go-ahead run for the second straight day, Joey Votto homered and had three hits, and the Reds beat the Marlins for their sixth win in seven games. Todd Frazier hit a three-run double in an eight-run seventh inning for the Reds.
• Phillies 7, Cardinals 3: In Philadelphia, Erik Kratz hit a three-run home run to break the game open in the eighth inning and lead the Philies. Mike Adams (1-1) tossed a scoreless eighth inning to help Philadelphia split the four-game series.
• Angels 4, Tigers 3: In Anaheim, Calif., Mark Trumbo homered leading off the bottom of the 13th inning and Albert Pujols doubled home two runs, lifting the Angels to their second straight series sweep of the Tigers.
• Royals 4, Red Sox 2 (Game 1): In Boston, Ervin Santana pitched seven strong innings and the Royals ended Boston's seven-game winning streak with a win over the Red Sox in the opener of a day-night doubleheader.
• Royals 5, Red Sox 4 (Game 2): Lorenzo Cain walked with two outs and the bases loaded in the 10th inning to give Kansas City the sweep.
• Rangers 11, Mariners 3: In Arlington, Texas, Nelson Cruz hit his fifth career grand slam, one of four home runs by the Rangers in a victory that completed a three-game sweep over the Mariners. Cruz went way deep, an estimated 431 feet to left-center field, to cap a five-run fifth that chased Aaron Harang (0-2).
• Indians 5, Astros 4: In Houston, Mark Reynolds' seventh homer of the season put Cleveland on top in the seventh inning and the Indians held on for a win over the Astros.
• Twins 5, White Sox 3: In Chicago, Josh Willingham atoned for an earlier misplay with a tiebreaking three-run double in Minnesota's four-run seventh inning, leading the Twins to a victory over the slumping White Sox.
• Rays 8, Athletics 1: In St. Petersburg, Fla., Roberto Hernandez pitched six effective innings for his first win since he was known as Fausto Carmona, and Tampa Bay completed a three-game sweep of the Athletics.
• Blue Jays 8, Yankees 4: In Toronto, J.P. Arencibia hit a two-run homer, Melky Cabrera had three hits and the Blue Jays rallied for a victory over the Yankees after Josh Johnson walked in the tying and go-ahead runs. Brett Cecil (1-0) worked 1 1/3 innings for the win.
• Dodgers 7, Orioles 4: In Baltimore, Mark Ellis drove in three runs, and the Dodgers beat erratic Jake Arrieta and the Orioles to snap a six-game losing streak. Matt Kemp singled in the go-ahead run during a four-run fifth inning.