The following editorial appeared Friday in the Los Angeles Times:
About a year ago I was surprised to find out from my daughter that hookah pens were all the rage among the high school crowd.
Arizona’s recent ban on e-cigarette sales to minors may sound sensible, but some lawmakers and health experts believe it’s actually a step in the wrong direction.
I was deeply disappointed to see the front-page article in the Star regarding the popularity of hookah smoking (“Hookah lounges proliferate as UA students kick back,” Oct. 11).
TEA PARTY REPUBLICANS SHUT DOWN UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT WITHOUT HIJACKING AIRLINERS
I enjoyed our weekend in Bisbee. We were there to enjoy a rocking blues festival and count the ponytails held in place with orthopedic hair bands.
The argument against action in Syria can be summed up in one word: Iraq-Nam-istan.
Sunnyside’s schools superintendent is no longer pursuing Chapter 7 bankruptcy after officials said he miscalculated his disposable income and actually had enough money to buy a pocket calculator and some Ad…
The following editorial appeared in the Chicago Tribune:
Luxor Cafe is out, Petra Mediterranean Grill is in in central Tucson space.
Tucson police are looking for a man suspected of stealing thousands of dollars worth of cigarettes from several northwest-side Circle K stores.
Pima County properties are going tobacco-free on Jan. 1.
Researchers at the University of Arizona are looking for licensed massage therapists to participate in a study about tobacco use.
Last week's story about University of Arizona medical student Derek Neal's battle with lung cancer attracted some inaccurate comments from readers.
The Pima County Department of Environmental Quality has issued a smoke advisory due to smoke from wildfires burning in New Mexico.
PHOENIX - A man who bought two rifles found at the scene of the fatal shooting of a federal agent near the Arizona-Mexico border pleaded guilty Thursday to two felony charges in the federal government's botched gun smuggling investigation known as Operation Fast and Furious.
PENSACOLA, Fla. - A faulty battery caused an electronic
cigarette to explode in a Florida's man's mouth, taking out some of
his front teeth, a chunk of his tongue and severely burning his
face, fire officials said.
GREENVILLE, Pa. — A northwestern Pennsylvania tobacco shop is
turning the image of the jovial, pipe-smoking Santa on its head by
having Saint Nick huff on a hookah.