Tucson girl, 7, seeks ‘kindness’ donations
OK, so you’ve figured out how to work that new computer or smartphone you got for Christmas. Now it’s time to make sure your old gizmos don’t end up in the landfill.
Tucson-based Raytheon Missile Systems has been named the state's large-business recycler of the year by the Arizona Recycling Coalition.
There is not enough water. Supplies are decreasing due to drought conditions and demand is increasing.
Owners of a business new to Tucson learned the hard way that one man’s art may be another’s scrap metal.
A proposed city ordinance requiring gun owners to report lost or stolen weapons moved one step closer to becoming law.
YUMA — Police in the southwestern Arizona city of Somerton are awaiting autopsy results for a baby whose body was found at the city’s recycling plant.
If a computer cannot be refurbished, it is stripped down and parts of it are recycled at Rise Equipment Recycling Center.
A few years ago, the digital conversion of television began a flood of unwanted tube-based TV sets.
The Tucson City Council approved a program Wednesday to encourage shoppers and clerks, like Kathleen O'Dell at Bashas', above, to reduce bag usage. Data on bag usage also will be collected. It was far short of what Councilman Paul Cunningham had sought.
A proposal to force stores to use fewer plastic bags got sacked Wednesday.
A scrap metal recycling business that was caught up in a chop shop investigation last year has agreed to fund a training program designed to stop illegal recycling in exchange for the dismissal of criminal charges against four of its employees.
AAA Arizona's Great Battery Roundup is being held today through Sunday.
Could drinking more be better for the environment?
• Milk jugs, cleaning liquid, vinegar and juice bottles — long
• Trash bags and cereal box liners — not accepted now and won’t
be accepted at new plant.
• Window and floor cleaner bottles. Not accepted today, will be
accepted at new plant.
• Detergent, shampoo and cooking oil bottles: Not accepted
today, will be accepted at new plant.
• Plastic food wrap, not accepted today, won’t be accepted at
• None accepted today in Tucson.
• Squeezable bottles for products such as hand lotion will be
• Plastic grocery bags won’t be accepted.
• Yogurt containers. Not accepted now. Will be accepted at new
• Same for butter, sour cream and cottage cheese containers.
• Three- to 5-gallon water bottles. Not accepted now. Will be
accepted at the new recycling center.
• Plastic iPod cases. Not accepted now. Will be accepted at the
new recycling center.
• Soda pop, beer and water bottles, salad dressing bottles and
peanut butter containers — long accepted.
• Clear plastic containers for berries, tomatoes, sandwiches,
grapes, lettuce. Not accepted now. Will be accepted at new