At great political peril, George Ryan did the right thing.
PHOENIX — Jodi Arias begged jurors Tuesday to give her life in prison, saying she “lacked perspective” when she told a local reporter in an interview that she preferred execution to spending the rest of her days in jail.
An Ajo man accused of raping and killing a little girl nearly four years ago has finally been deemed competent to stand trial, but whether he or not he is eligible for the death penalty is still up for debate.
In case you haven't heard, Frank Jarvis Atwood, one of Arizona's longest residents on death row, is suing the state because he's not getting to visit his priest as often as he would like.
PHOENIX - The U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday refused to give Scott Nordstrom another chance to escape the death penalty.
A 28-year-old Tucson man who was facing a potential death sentence pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and kidnapping Thursday and is facing between 29 and 32 1/2 years in prison.
PHOENIX - An Arizona inmate's lawyers on Friday asked the U.S. Supreme Court to block his scheduled execution Wednesday, arguing that lower courts unfairly denied him a hearing on potential evidence for possible leniency in sentencing for the brutal killing of two 13-year-old girls.
A Tucson woman accused of shooting her children to death in August could be executed if she's found guilty at trial.
A Tucson man charged with killing two roommates doesn't meet the legal definition of "intellectually disabled" and remains eligible for the death penalty, a judge ruled earlier this week.
The Pima County Attorney's Office may be considering the death penalty in the case of a Tucson mom accused of killing her two children.
PHOENIX - Nearly 40 years ago, two teens armed with a sawed-off shotgun carjacked Julius Graber and killed him.
A triple murderer’s art show has been cancelled because its organizers realized it was scheduled for the same day Tucson will observe the National Day of Remembrance for Murder Victims.
Rebecca Lofton's daughters are haunted. Instead of remembering her free-spirited nature, generosity and effervescence, they told jurors Wednesday they are haunted by images of her fate at the hands of Michael Carlson.
A Pima County jury has convicted a Texas man of first-degree murder and kidnapping in the May 2009 killing of a Marana couple, and decided that his crimes justify consideration of the death penalty.
Jurors are now deliberating the fate of a 56-year-old Texas man accused of killing a Marana couple three years ago and burning their bodies in trash pits.
Michael Carlsonlistens to closing arguments this week in Pima County Superior Court. He was convicted Friday in the 2009 killing of a Marana couple.
This August 2012 file photo shows Michael Carlson as he listens to closing arguments in Pima County Superior Court during his double-murder trial. He was sentenced to death Wednesday.
The jurors in the Michael Carlson case have gone home after two hours of deliberations witihout returning a verdict. They'll be back tomorrow.
The defense attorneys in the Michael Carlson double homicide trial put one witness on the stand Friday, but it's what happened after he stepped down and the jury left the courthouse that's more interesting.