Woman accidentally starts fire that destroys her Tucson home

2013-04-23T21:14:00Z 2013-04-24T09:02:31Z Woman accidentally starts fire that destroys her Tucson homeCarmen Duarte Arizona Daily Star Arizona Daily Star
April 23, 2013 9:14 pm  • 

A woman accidentally dropped a match while trying to light a cigarette Tuesday, causing a fire that destroyed her mobile home on the city's north side.

No one was injured in the blaze.

The fire began shortly after 6 p.m. in the 700 block of West Budmoore Terrace, just north of West Grant Road near North 15th Avenue, said Capt. Barrett Baker of the Tucson Fire Department.

Firefighters arrived three minutes after the fire was reported and saw that the mobile home was fully engulfed in flames.

They brought the blaze, which threatened three other mobile homes, under control by 6:17 p.m., Baker said.

While fighting the fire, firefighters also directed their hose streams on two propane tanks that posed a danger, Baker said.

The total loss of the home was estimated at $20,000, Baker said.

The Southern Arizona Chapter of the American Red Cross assisted the homeowner, said Baker.

 

 

     

Copyright 2014 Arizona Daily Star. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Video

Follow the Arizona Daily Star

Featured businesses

View more...

Deals, offers & events

View more...

$69.95 AC Inspection Special!

K&D Quality Auto is offering $69.95 AC Inspection Service…

Event Calendar

Today's events | Add an event

Most viewed: