The Arizona Daily Star's Sportsmen's Fund Send a Kid to Camp program raises money so children from low-income households and military families can attend overnight YMCA, Boy Scout and Girl Scout and Camp Courage burn camps at little or no cost.
Our goal is to raise $170,000 to send 770 kids to weeklong overnight camps this summer. So far we have received 1,378 donations totaling $136,601 with the summer camp season nearly over. We are shy about $34,000.
Your contribution is tax-deductible, qualifying for the state's working-poor charitable tax credit of up to $400, and is welcome throughout the year.
The Sportsmen's Fund, one of the oldest 501(c)(3) charities in Southern Arizona, was founded in 1947.
Since then, thanks to Arizona Daily Star readers, we have helped to pay for 35,869 children to go to camp.
We'd like to thank eegee's customers who in April donated a total of $1,509 using canisters at cash registers.
Send a kid to camp
HOW TO HELP
Other recent donations include:
• Credit-card donations: www.azsendakidtocamp.org/donations
• Send checks, payable to Send a Kid to Camp, to: Send a Kid to Camp, P.O. Box 16141, Tucson, AZ 85732-6141.
• For more information: Senior Editor Debbie Kornmiller at 434-4080 or email@example.com
About eegee's donation
We hope you enjoyed participating in our coin canister program. It's one of several programs we implement that supports our mission to give back to our community.
The coin canister offers our customers an easy and convenient way to support LOCAL charitable organizations across our 22 Tucson locations.
Jess Schula, eegee's
• Judy Askenasy, in memory of Eugene Askenasy, $100.
• Carol Borges, $25.
• Darlene Brady, $100.
• Jean Cary, $50.
• Catherine Casey, $100.
• Stephen and Linda Dashew, $100.
• Carolyn and John Davis, $100.
• Vanessa Dearing, $200.
• John and Christina Durkan, $25.
• Mr. and Mrs. LeRoy Farmer, $50.
• E. E. Grafe, $50.
• Eleanor Hagen, $50.
• Kenneth and Velta Hall, $100.
• Peggy Hitchcock, $100.
• Kelly and Mark Kaltenhauser, $25.
• William and Marie Konkle, $200.
• Charles and Betty Leftault, $100.
• Frances Martin, $25.
• Bette and William Mayfield, $25.
• John and Bonnie McGregor, $200.
• Brian and Karen Metcalf, $25.
• Patricia Munsie, in memory of Connie Quick-Hill, $50.
• James and Nancy Murtagh, $50.
• Kenneth Nichols, $50.
• Carol Robinson, $100.
• Blaine and Patricia Smith, $100.
• Marian Svenheim, $50.
• Tae Kwon Do Chung Do Kwan Schools, $100.
• Timothy Walrath, $75.
• E Wanger, $50.
• H.K. Warrior, $200.
• One anonymous donation of $100.