A convergence of events in downtown Tucson today could make parking tough.
Parking meters are free on weekends, but it may be best to plan ahead to park in a garage.
To avoid traffic and parking hassles altogether, plan to take the bus to the Ronstadt Transit Center. Go to SunTran.com for route details.
Tucson Meet Yourself
• What it is: A 3-day folklife festival
• Hours: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
• Road closure: Church Avenue from Alameda Street to Pennington Street
Pride in the Desert
• What it is: A gay pride parade and 3-day festival
• Hours: Parade at 11 a.m., festival til 8 p.m., after party til 2 a.m.
• Road closure: Sixth Avenue between Broadway and 18th Street until noon
• What it is: A monthly street party
• Hours: 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
• Road closures: Scott Avenue between Broadway and Congress Street beginning at 8 a.m. and Fifth Avenue between Toole Avenue and Congress Street from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
• What it is: A costume event and food drive
• Hours: 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
• Road closure: Congress Street between Fifth and Scott Avenues, which is also closed to cars for streetcar work
Disney on Ice
• What it is: "Dare to Dream" ice-skating show
• Hours: Shows at 11 a.m., 3 and 7 p.m.
• Road closure: None
Contact reporter Becky Pallack at email@example.com or 573-4346. On Twitter @BeckyPallack.