Starting Monday, the Star will publish a weeklong series explaining the one city and nine state propositions appearing on this year's general election ballot. The schedule for those stories is:
• Monday, Sept. 24: Proposition 119 - Giving the state authority to trade away state trust lands; and Proposition 118 - Changing the distribution formula for land trust revenues to improve school funding.
• Tuesday, Sept. 25: Proposition 120: Declaring state sovereignty over most federal lands in Arizona.
• Wednesday, Sept. 26: Proposition 116 - Reducing the property tax rate for businesses; and Proposition 117 - Eliminating the practice of all property having two different assessed values for taxes.
• Thursday, Sept. 27: Proposition 114 - Limiting the right to sue for damages if someone is injured while committing a crime.
• Friday, Sept. 28: Proposition 115 - Giving the governor more power in the selection of judges.
• Saturday, Sept. 29: Proposition 121 - Creating a single primary election for all candidates.
• Sunday, Sept. 30: Proposition 204 - Making the existing one-cent sales tax surcharge permanent; and Proposition 409 - $100 million city bond issue.