If other schools were the jealous type, they might whisper “she’s had some work done” behind the back of the recently prettied-up Amphitheater Middle School.
Fresh from a $7.2 million renovation, the school was looking its best when classes resumed Aug. 8.
“The students, parents and teachers were very excited. They wanted to see the new renovations,” Principal Tassi Call said on the first day of school.
“They were so excited. We could watch the kids’ faces light up as they got to walk into new parts of the building.”
The school, at 315 E. Prince Road, will show off its new look at an open house at 2 p.m. Aug. 22.
Here’s a rundown of the renovations and additions:
• The front office, kitchen, gym and library have been remodeled and renovated.
• A new teacher workroom, health office, classroom building and computer lab were built.
• Classrooms were modernized with SMART Boards — computer-friendly, digital replacements for whiteboards.
• Cabling throughout campus has been upgraded.
• Security fencing was installed around campus.
For the rest of the story, check out Thursday's Northwest Star.