The Greater Oro Valley Chamber of Commerce honors local movers and shakers with Pinnacle Awards. The chamber rolls out the awards Oscars style, first announcing a slate of nominees before unveiling the winners at a ceremony.
Winners will be announced Thursday at the chamber's annual awards breakfast at the Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf and Tennis Resort, featuring University of Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne as guest speaker.
The nominees are:
* Vicki Balentine, retired Amphitheater School District superintendent;
* Bill Adler, longtime Oro Valley community leader;
* Casa de la Luz Hospice, led by Lynette Jaramillo and Agnes Poore;
* Richard Underwood, president of AAA Landscape;
* Hiremath Family Dentistry, Dr. Satish Hiremath;
* Century Theaters at Oro Valley Marketplace, managed by Jerry Schoen;
* Cheers to You Nutrition, owned and managed by Kevin and Jean Culver;
* Skin Care By Design, owned and managed by Linda Barr;
* Comcast, with local representative Kelle Maslyn;
* The Forgotten Children, a non-profit charity operated by El Ndoye of National Bank of Arizona;
* Denise Hart Neff, vice president of marketing for Vestar at Oro Valley Marketplace;
* Don Jorgensen, principal in the Jorgensen / Brooks Group;
* Cappozzo Family Chiropractic, owned and operated by Dan and Becky Cappozzo;
* Wal-Mart, with Oro Valley store managers Carlos Lomeli and Jeff Hughes;
* The late Kenneth "KC" Carter, former Oro Valley Town Council member;
Catalina Community Services, with Barbara McClure the executive director.