Roasted Sweet Potato Hummus
This can be served chunky and used as a dip for assorted veggies, fruit or crackers. It can also be made very smooth and used as a spread for whole-grain sandwiches or tortillas.
Makes: Enough for 6-10 sandwiches
- 1 large sweet potato (cut in chunks)
- 1 clove whole garlic
- 1 small can of garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 small carrot (cut in chunks)
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup or agave (optional)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- Coconut milk or water for consistency (optional)
Preheat oven to 400.
Place cut veggies in non-stick roasting pan and cook for about 20 minutes or until done.
Place all ingredients but water or coconut milk in a food processor; add the agave if you like a sweeter taste. Blend until smooth. If you prefer a smoother consistency, add the coconut milk or water, starting with a tablespoon at a time.
Courtesy of Kathy Iannacone, Urban Fresh