Shrimp tossed with homemade tartar sauce fills toasted hot dog rolls for this New England favorite.
Drive along the coastline from Connecticut to Maine and you'll find little roadside stands selling lobster, shrimp or clam rolls. This simple version captures their flavor.
• 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon drained sweet pickle relish
• Salt and fresh ground black pepper
• 1/2 pound peeled, cooked shrimp
• 2 hot whole-wheat hot dog rolls
• 1 cup washed, ready-to-eat shredded lettuce
Mix mayonnaise, mustard and relish together in a medium bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add shrimp and toss to coat shrimp. Split hot dog rolls open and toast in a toaster oven or under a broiler. Fill rolls with shredded lettuce and shrimp mixture.
Per serving: 319 calories, 13 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 229 mg cholesterol, 29 g protein, 24 g carbohydrates, 6 g dietary fiber, 4 g sugars, 689 mg sodium.