New Year’s Eve — the night you pull out all the stops to look fabulous. Makeup is one of my favorite accessories. You can vamp up more basic attire or add the perfect touch of simplicity to an over-the-top dress.
We found inspiration from Pantone’s Color of the Year — Radiant Orchid — and created two fresh makeup looks.
Because we went “rocker-chick” with Abbey’s hair and dress, we opted for a clean makeup look.
1. Prep eyes with Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. To make the eyes pop we use a lavender cream color “D. Gorgeous” by Nars from lash line to brow.
2. Using “Liar” from the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette, create a crease to help define the eye. Pro tip: To get the perfect crease, tilt your head back slightly. While looking in the mirror, use a crease brush to apply a deeper color and shadow along the crease under the brow bone.
3. Arbonne Liquid Eye Liner in black creates a medium-thickness cat eye. Apply mascara.
4. Abbey has darker brows, so a neutral brown powder, just slightly lighter than her natural color, is perfect for filling in.
5. Our new favorite foundation Arbonne Intelligence CC Cream in Light gives perfect coverage with a flawless finish.
6. The Color of the Year was our LIPspiration. Melt Cosmetics lipstick in “Stupid Love” and Arbonne lip gloss in “Mauve” create the perfect finishing pop of color.
Danielle (below right):
Danielle is playing with a fun hair color, so we gave her a classic, brushed-out finger wave paired with a sultry eye and clean lip.
1. Prep the eyes with Nars eyeshadow base. We use various shadows from Urban Decay’s Naked 3. Begin with “Buzz,” sweep from the lash line to the brow bone. Use “Dust” to blend from the brow bone up into the brow, and finish with “Blackheart” in the outer corner of eye and the lower lash line. Pro tip: A dark shadow, rather than pencil, along the lower lash line softens a smoky eye.
2. Use Arbonne Liquid Liner in black; follow with mascara.
3. Fill in the eyebrows with a medium/light brown powder.
4. Apply Arbonne CC Cream in Fair.
5. Apply Melt lipstick in “Darling” with a smudge brush; use “Trick” from Naked 3 in the center of top and bottom lips. Pro tip: Shimmer shadow lightly dusted over lipstick in the center of the top and bottom lips gives a highlight creating a perfect pout.