pop-opera crew Il Divo set for show at ava
Il Divo, the pop operatic sensation created by entertainment mogul Simon Cowell, will perform a set at the AVA Friday.
The quartet includes members from France, Switzerland, Spain and the United States and brings with it a selection of classic and contemporary covers, many of which are featured on its latest "Greatest Hits" release.
Il Divo takes the stage at 8 p.m. Tickets are $40-$150 through casinodelsol.com
Jurado's hotel congress gig may feature new material
Seattle's Damien Jurado performs at Club Congress tonight with fresh material from a new album.
In an interview earlier in May with the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Jurado said he had already finished the release, which he said would be "a second step" beyond his 2012 project, "Maraqopa."
The evening begins at 7 p.m. Tickets are $12 through hotelcongress.com
Gerald M. Gay
Casino del Sol's AVA has added Matchbox Twenty and a Michael Jackson tribute show to its summer concert series.
Matchbox Twenty will play July 27. Tickets are $30-$125.
Tickets are $29-$39 for Kenny Wizz's "Michael Jackson History II Show," set for July 13.
Order online at tickets.solcasinos.com or get them at the AVA box office, 5655 W. Valencia Road.
Cathalena E. Burch
• The Daft Punk tribute concert "One More Time" Friday at the Rialto Theatre. 740-1000.
• Primus performing a special 3-D show Saturday at the Rialto.
• Crooner Tony Bennett at the AVA Sunday.
• Mexican singer-songwriter Reyli at Club Congress Saturday.
• Tucson's Young Hunter playing a farewell gig Saturday at Club Congress.