VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) — "Glee" actor Cory Monteith died of an overdose of heroin and alcohol, the British Columbia coroner's office said Tuesday.
"There is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most tragic accident," the office said in a statement.
The 31-year-old was found dead in his Vancouver, British Columbia, hotel room on Saturday, after he didn't check out on time. He was believed to be alone when he died.
Police said Monteith had been out with people earlier, but video and electronic records from the hotel indicated he returned to his room by himself early Saturday.
Monteith's death recalled the lives of Heath Ledger, Corey Haim and River Phoenix — actors who battled substance abuse and died in their 20s and 30s.
Monteith had talked bluntly about struggling with addiction since he was a teenager, calling it a serious problem and telling Parade magazine in 2011 he was "lucky to be alive."