University of Arizona School of Music faculty and students get downright jazzy during the 35th Annual AzJazz Week.
The series of daily concerts cover the gamut of jazz, from contemporary to classic, bebop to Latin.
The week culminates with the annual John Denman Memorial Concert, this one turning to Benny Goodman classics featuring Virginia clarinetist Frank Guldseth.
Los Angeles bebop trombonist Bill Watrous and Tucson bass player Jack Wood will also perform in concerts, held at 7:30 p.m. daily at UA's Crowder Hall, 1017 E Olive Road.
• Sunday: "Latin Jazz Night" with Grupo Manteca; $5.
• Monday: Faculty Jazz Night with Wood and faculty artists pianist Jeff Haskell, saxophonist Kelland Thomas, trombonist Moisés Paiewonsky, bass player Jay Rees and drummer Robin Horn; $9.
• Tuesday: "Quite a Night O' Dixie," featuring the Original Wildcat Jass Band and The Olive Street Stompers; $9.
• Wednesday: UA Studio Jazz Ensemble with Watrous; $9.
• Next Thursday: UA Concert Jazz Band and UA Studio Jazz Combo; free.
• Friday, March 8: The John Denman Memorial Concert, "Benny Lives!" with Tucson Swings and Guldseth; $9.
• Visit music.arizona.edu for the complete schedule.