Military veterans are invited to a workshop Tuesday, at no charge, on employment, apprenticeship and training opportunities.
The workshop, from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Kino Veterans' Workforce Center, 2801 E. Ajo Way, will include information on:
• How to effectively complete a federal job application.
• Local on-the-job training and apprenticeship opportunities.
• Job openings at Goodwill.
• Services offered by Rally Point Tucson.
• How skills learned or developed in military service transfer to civilian career choices.
• Trends in the current labor market.
To sign up, call 740-4646 or 243-6700.
Pima County One-Stop Career Center opened the Kino Veterans' Workforce Center last year. Partners in the center include federal, state and local agencies and local employers, said a news release from the Pima County Community Services Employment and Training Department.