Don't forget: Today is the live online chat on StarNet with Internal Revenue Service agents. You can ask your tax questions from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Go to live.azstarnet.com to take part.
Questions could be as simple as "I made X amount. Do I need to file a tax return?" or "Do I qualify for the earned income tax credit for low- to moderate-income workers?"
Or they could be as complex as capitalizing vs. expensing, employment tax issues, inheritance issues, pension fund issues or limited liability corporation tax questions, to give just a few examples.
Five IRS officials will answer questions:
• Ted Spencer, supervisory revenue agent in the Tucson office. He has been with the IRS 25 years, mostly in the Los Angeles area.
• Ruth Mahoney, senior individual tax advisory specialist in Tucson, and a 25-year IRS veteran.
• Olivia Wells, revenue agent in the Tucson office. Before joining the IRS in 2008 as a revenue agent in the small business/self-employed division, she was an accountant at a variety of Tucson-based businesses.
• Hilda Howard, who has been with the IRS five years, the last three as a revenue agent in Tucson.
• Bill Brunson, who has worked for the IRS since 1986 and is the agency's spokesman for Arizona, New Mexico and Utah.
Last March during a similar StarNet chat, hundreds of readers submitted questions that IRS agents answered.
On StarNet: Chat with IRS experts today from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at live.azstarnet.com